The SPU Library offers an array of services to aid staff in their work and personal study and research. Both on campus and off, you can access materials and support for your academic needs.
- Check out materials from the SPU Library in accordance with the loan rules below.
- Renew SPU materials online.
- Request materials from Summit libraries, or visit and use Summit libraries in person.
- Request materials through Interlibrary Loan.
- Search library article and research databases from on or off campus.
- Determine whether the SPU Library has access to the full text of a particular journal using Journals A-Z.
- Request reprints of materials available on microfilm.
- Browse online subject guides for discipline-specific resources.
- “Ask a Librarian” to receive research assistance in person or online through email, text message, and chat services.
- Reserve a library space including the classroom, seminar, media, or conference rooms.
- Use collaborative and individual computing spaces and receive support in using university software at the Tech Desk.
- Use self-service printers and copiers, with Debit Dollars. (log in)
|Material Type||Loan Period||Fines||Max. items out by item type||Renewal|
|General collection, Curriculum, Honors Projects, Juvenile, Music Scores, Kits||28 days||$0.20 per day||Up to 75||1|
|Summit items – Long Loan (usually books)||42 days||$0.50 per day for first 10 days, then $1.00 per day for the next 15 days||Up to 75||0|
|Summit items – Short Loan (usually media)||3 days||$0.50 per day for first 15 days, then $1.00 per day for the next 15 days||Up to 75||0|
|CDs, Sound Recordings||24 hours||$1 per day||5||1|
|DVDs, Videos||7 days||$1 per day||5||1|
|Test Files (restricted access)||4 hours||$0.50 per hour||2||1|
|Reserve Materials||Varies, usually 2 hours||Varies, max is $0.50 per hour||2||1|
|Reference, Atlases, Theses||No loan||n/a||n/a||n/a|
- Staff may have a total of 75 items checked out at any one time.
- Replacement cost for lost SPU materials: $75.
- Replacement cost for lost Summit materials: $90.
- Fees may be assessed for materials returned in a damaged condition.
- Fines are higher for recalled items.
Contact the Circulation desk at 206-281-2228 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have concerns about overdue, damaged, or lost items.
Patron responsibility: The Library prints date due slips at the time of checkout and sends courtesy reminders and overdue notices to your SPU email address. However, whether or not you receive these notices, you are responsible for returning materials that have been checked out on your ID card on time.
Get the Library’s most up-to-date hours.
Thursday Food for Thought
Bring a brown-bag lunch and hear SPU faculty and staff read from their latest books.
Ask a Librarian
You’ve got questions. We’ve got answers.