Giving: Support the SPU Library
The Seattle Pacific University Library welcomes gifts in support of the Library’s mission, and you can support the academic work of our students in many ways.
The Friends of the Library Endowment
The Friends of the Library give to support an endowment whose proceeds are used to purchase additional books and electronic resources beyond what the library budget would allow.
- The endowment and the Friends of the Library group were started in 2008.
- Increasing the size of this endowed fund is an excellent way to provide permanent, additional funds each year for needed library materials.
Friends of the Library contribute $250 per year.
- Lifetime FOL members have given at least $10,000, or made an estate gift. Contributions can be made by check or credit card. Your gift will be processed immediately.
- Gifts of securities, assets, property, or making a planned gift in your will are all great ways to support the Library.
- Friends of the Library receive alumni library borrowing privileges.
To learn more about joining the Friends of the Library, contact the Seattle Pacific Foundation at 206-281-2702 or give to the Library online.
If you would like to receive the Friends of the Library Newsletter, an invitation to the annual Friends of the Library Lecture, and other announcements about the library, please contact Robin Maass at 206-281-2413 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Library Fund
Gifts can also be made for current needs in the Library by giving to the Library Fund. These gifts go directly to the Library’s materials budget and may be used today for books, reference materials, technology, or subscriptions.
The Library accepts donations of books that serve the collection-development purposes. Books are evaluated by a librarian and either put into the collection, or sold as used books. The relevant part of the SPU library collection development policy states that all content selected by SPU liaison librarians should be in one or more of these categories:
- Materials that support library-using courses in the undergraduate and graduate curriculum.
- Canonical materials expected in a library of a university of this size.
- Materials in “collections of emphasis” that reflect SPU’s mission and signature statements.
The Library welcomes gift materials. Final decisions regarding accessions are made by the relevant liaison librarian, using the selection criteria. A memo for tax purposes is provided, but appraisals are the responsibility of the donor.
To donate books to the SPU Library, contact Natalee Vick at 206-281-2735 or email@example.com.
Donate to the Archives
Do you have memorabilia, photographs, or campus clothing from your time at Seattle Pacific?