Seattle Pacific University’s Tech Desk, on the Library’s Lower Level, provides technology, tools, assistance, and space for students to research, collaborate, and create.
The Tech Desk offers student support for software use, project advice, and technology questions. Contact the Tech Desk at 206-281-2211 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ask at the Tech Desk: During library hours stop by for assistance.
- Need In-Depth Help? Receive 30 minutes of undivided attention for assistance with a software program, advice on a project, or collaboration. Email for an appointment, email@example.com.
- Knowledge Base: Search for technology tutorials, tips, and resources (e.g., how to install library wireless printing on your Mac or PC, learn how to scan digitally, helpful resources for video projects).
- Borrow Tech Tools: Check out tools such as headphones, Flip video camera, iPod touch, iPad, audio recorder, and more.
- Purchase: USB flash drives, CDs, DVDs, laminations, and send or receive faxes.
- Printing: Color and black-and-white printing available using Debit Dollars.
- 22 individual PC workstations
- 10 collaborative PC workstations with one or two 23-inch screens
- 2 iMac collaborative workstations equipped with video editing software and DVD/VHS conversion tools
- 2 DVD/VHS personal viewing stations
- Work tables, comfy chairs, and carrels for project collaboration or individual study
- Microfilm machine, record player, and cassette player available upon request
- Digital scanning equipment
- Media Room: DVD/VHS, PC workstation with 46-inch screen, wireless mouse and keyboard, and comfy chairs, reservation calendar posted outside door
Get the Library’s most up-to-date hours.
The Library in the Digital Age
Response magazine takes readers into the SPU Library to show how it's helping patrons in the 21st century.