Seattle Pacific University’s Library provides technology, tools, assistance, and space for students to research, collaborate, and create.
The Front Desk offers student support for software use, project advice, and technology questions. Contact the Front Desk at 206-281-2228.
- Ask at the Front Desk: During library hours stop by for assistance.
- Need In-Depth Help? Receive 30 minutes of undivided attention for assistance with a software program, advice on a project, or collaboration.
- Knowledge Base: Search for technology tutorials, tips, and resources (e.g., how to install library wireless printing on your Mac or PC, learn how to scan digitally, helpful resources for video projects).
- Borrow Tech Tools: Check out tools such as DSLR cameras, MacBooks, Chromebooks, microphones, headphones, mobile device chargers, and more.
- Purchase: USB flash drives, CDs, DVDs, laminations, and send or receive faxes.
- Printing: Color and black-and-white printing available using Falcon Funds.
- Visit our wiki to learn more about the technology, furniture, and variety of spaces throughout the library that support your research.
The Library in the Digital Age
Response magazine takes readers into the SPU Library to show how it's helping patrons in the 21st century.