Searching the SPU Catalog
After completing this tutorial, you will be able to:
- Search for books and other materials in the Library catalog.
- Locate an item on the shelf.
- Place Summit and InterLibrary Loan requests.
- Create a list of records to send via email, print, or export.
- Identify materials on Reserve.
- Access your SPU and Summit library records.
View the following four short videos in the order presented, and after each practice what you learned. Everything the services cover can be accessed from the Library’s home page.
This tutorial will take 12-20 minutes to complete, depending on how much time you take to practice. Follow the five steps shown below.
Searching the Library catalog - 4:37 minutes
For more on call numbers and Library of Congress shelving order, visit Understanding Call Numbers (PDF).
Searching the Library catalog in advanced mode - 3:10 minutes
For more on phrase searching (as well as truncation, wild-card searching, the Boolean operator or, clustering, and field codes), visit myhome.spu.edu/sperisho/WorldCatLocal.pdf (PDF).
Emailing, printing, and exporting records - 1:30 minute
Checking Course Reserves and Library Records - 2:25 minutes
Thank you for taking this 30-second survey to let us know if the information covered in these tutorials was relevant and helpful.