1. Select your trip and begin your application through the Study Abroad office.
- This will give you access to the Study Abroad Academic Approval Form.
2. Coordinate with your faculty advisor to identify any course(s) that can fulfill major or minor requirements.
- List those courses on the Study Abroad Academic Approval form and have your faculty advisor sign approval.
Note: You may include a note of approval (email is acceptable) along with your completed form if unable to meet with your faculty advisor in person to collect a signature.
3. Include non-major/minor courses you will take during your study abroad experience on your academic approval form.
- These may include possible general education courses, foreign language courses, or courses you plan to take for general elective credit.
4. Submit your completed form to the front desk of Student Academic Services.
- Your form will be routed to Alison Howard, who will conduct a final review of your academic plan.
- You’ll receive an official confirmation email from SAS outlining the courses you’ll take during your study abroad and how they’ve been pre-approved to transfer back to SPU.
- Your faculty advisor(s), Student Financial Services counselor, academic counselor, and the Study Abroad office will all receive copies of your academic approval.
Once you’ve completed the above four steps, move on to these next steps.