Authorized Payer Tutorial
If you wish to make online payments on behalf of someone at SPU, you must become an “Authorized Payer.”
- Your student must establish a username and password for you in the QuikPay site, and tell you what they are. We recommend that you change your password the first time you log in.
- Once on the QuikPay site, you can establish payment profiles containing your account information that can be re-used.
- Set your user preferences so that you will receive an email whenever a new statement is available for your student.
Here’s how your student can start the process:
- Log in to Banner using SPU Username and password.
- Click Student Menu.
- Click Student Account menu.
- Click View Invoices and Pay Online.
This brings your student to the QuikPay website, where he or she can make payments on student accounts. From here your student can set up authorized users by doing the following:
- Click on the Authorize Payers link, upper left.
- Click on Add New.
- Add the a name, email address and create a user name for the authorized payer.
- Click Add.
- The user will receive an email with a link allowing them to set a password.
- An Authorized Payer can click SPU’s payment page and enter their Login Name and Password.
You can make online payments using an e-check or credit card (MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or Visa). QuikPay assesses a 2.75 percent service fee on credit card payments; there is no fee for e-check payments.
Note: The “Balance due” amount is pulled from the most recent statement. Payments or other account activity will not adjust this number until the following month.