Transfer Student Requirements and Deadlines
Admission is based on a comprehensive review of each application. While GPA is the most important factor in the review process, the quality of your writing demonstrated through the application essays, recommendations, and sometimes standardized test scores also impact the results.
- The Common Application. (Make sure you fill out the SPU member section and writing supplement.)
- Important note: the Common Application will go offline at midnight on Friday, July 22. Students who have started their Common Application are strongly encouraged to complete and submit it prior to this date, as they will not be able to access their Common Application after July 22. SPU will provide a PDF version of the Common Application to students who wish to apply after July 22.
- $50 application fee waiver. Apply by August 15 and we'll waive your application fee!
- To take advantage of your fee waiver, go to the "My Colleges" section of the Common Application, navigate to Seattle Pacific University, and click on "Questions". Within the fee waiver question, please select "Institutional Fee Waiver" from the dropdown menu, then use the code SPUTransfer.
- Official transcript* from each college attended.
- Final high school transcript and SAT or ACT score. Only required for students who have taken fewer than 45 college level quarter credits (30 semester) since high school graduation at the time of application.
You do not need to submit the Secondary School Report (a document completed by your high school counselor) or the Registrar's Report (a document completed by your college or university registrar).
*Send your transcripts to
Seattle Pacific University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
3307 Third Avenue West, Suite 115
Seattle, WA 98119-1922
For more information about Transfer Student Procedures, visit the 2016–17 Undergraduate Catalog.
If you intend to pursue direct admission to the nursing major, you may apply only for Autumn Quarter. The deadline is January 15.
You must also provide additional application materials to the Prelicensure Nursing Program.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-281-2021 or 800-366-3344.