(Seattle Pacific Access to College Experience) Sunday, November 4th - Monday, November 5th 2018
Join us at Seattle Pacific University to experience college life. S.P.A.C.E. is a free overnight event for senior high school students from groups traditionally underrepresented in higher education, first-generation students, and students from diverse communities.
Why come to S.P.A.C.E.?
At S.P.A.C.E., you will have the opportunity to take in the sights of Seattle, receive help with your college application and essay, learn how to pay for college, spend the night in a residence hall, visit classes, and more:
- Qualify for a Visit Scholarship of $500 for in-state or $1,000 for out-of-state students, which will be included in your financial aid package when you enroll for fall 2019
- Receive an application deadline extension
- Have your application fee waived
- Enjoy a free overnight experience, which includes meals, help with your application, and a Seattle excursion
- Take home SPU swag and prizes
Online registration for S.P.A.C.E. 2018 will be available soon!
S.P.A.C.E. is November 4–5, 2018
Come to S.P.A.C.E. if you are:
- A senior in high school, with a GPA of 2.8 or above
- A first-generation college student and/or a student from a diverse community
- Serious about college and curious about diversity at SPU
- Interested in experiencing life as an SPU student
Check out this tentative S.P.A.C.E. schedule.
All prospective students must fill out a waiver to complete their registration. The waiver will be emailed to the email address you submit with your registration. Scan and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 206-281-2544.
Students who are attending S.P.A.C.E. may request complimentary one-way or round-trip transportation from Sea-Tac Airport or King-Street Station to SPU during our designated pick-up and drop-off times (see below). Transportation can also be requested from/to select local high schools: Lincoln High School, Mount Tahoma High School, Renton High School, Rainier Beach High School, Kent-Meridian High School, or Foster High School.
You must request transportation on the S.P.A.C.E. registration form by selecting the available transportation options in order to secure your place on the vans or buses! Transportation is ONLY available to and from the locations listed above. We cannot guarantee any transportation requests that are received within one week of S.P.A.C.E.. Seating is limited on all buses and vans.
Sea-Tac Airport & King Street Station Transportation
Pick-Up: Sunday, November 4th
Departure from SPU: Monday, November 5th
High School Bus Transportation Pick-Ups on Sunday, November 4th
All buses will depart SPU on Monday, November 5th at 4:00 p.m. to return to high schools
Visiting students will be hosted by a current SPU student in their rooms in one of our residence halls.
What to Bring:
- Clothing and toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, towel, soap, etc.) for an overnight stay
- Reading material or homework for down time
- Spending money for snacks outside of breakfast, lunch, & dinner
- A sleeping bag and pillow, as you will be staying with a current SPU student in their residence hall room and will be sleeping on the floor
- Your liability waiver form (you will not be allowed to attend S.P.A.C.E. without submitting a signed waiver)
- Your printed college application essay
Parents, we recognize you play a huge role in your student’s college decision-making process. You are more than welcome to join us for various sessions — including some parent-specific programming.
If you are traveling to the area with your student, here is a list of nearby hotels.