Directions to Seattle Pacific University, 3307 Third Avenue W., Seattle
(Location of Ivy Cutting, Baccalaureate, Graduate Hooding ceremonies, and Graduate Commencement ceremony.)
Be sure to check the latest updates and detour map on the Mercer Corridor Project.
From I-5 (North or South)
- Exit 169 – N. 50th Street (marked “Seattle Pacific University”).
- Turn west onto N. 50th Street and proceed to Fremont Avenue N.
- Turn left onto Fremont Avenue N. and cross the Fremont Bridge.
- Turn right immediately after the bridge onto Florentia Street.
- Go one block and turn right onto Nickerson Street.
- Continue on Nickerson Street to Third Avenue W. and turn left.
- You are now on campus. Remain on Third Avenue W. for three blocks.
- Turn right onto W. Dravus Street and turn right again into the tiered parking lot.
Directions to Key Arena, 305 Harrison Street, Seattle
(Location of Undergraduate Commencement ceremony.)
(Note: Key Arena is located on the west side of Seattle Center.)
IMPORTANT TRAFFIC INFORMATION: Mercer St. is now open to two-way traffic between I-5 and Elliott Ave. W and Broad St. is permanently closed between 9th Ave. N and 5th Ave. N. All travelers are advised to plan ahead for their commute and use alternate routes where possible. Changes through the corridor also include:
- Mercer St. is open with two lanes in each direction between Queen Anne Ave. N and 9th Ave. N.
- Access to Seattle Center and Queen Anne is now a direct route via westbound Mercer St. from I-5.
From Seattle Pacific University:
- Head north up 3rd Avenue West.
- Turn left on McGraw Street.
- Turn right on Queen Anne Avenue North and continue north down
- For west entrance to Key Arena: Turn left on Harrison Avenue.
- For parking, or for graduate or faculty drop-off: Turn left on Thomas and cross 1st Avenue. The 1st Avenue North Garage will be on the right.
Drop-off for graduates and faculty is on the left (via entrance 4A). Guests and family members will enter via the west or east main entrances.
From I-5 (North or South):
- Take Mercer Street exit.
- Follow signs to Seattle Center/Key Arena.
From 99-South (Aurora):
- Take a right onto Valley Street.
- Turn left onto 5th Avenue North.
- Turn right onto Mercer Street.
- Turn left onto Queen Anne Avenue North.
- Turn left onto W. Harrison Street.
- Key Arena will be directly in front of you.
From 99-North (Aurora):
- Take Western Avenue exit.
- Take a right onto Battery Street
- Take a left onto 1st Avenue.
- Continue across Denny Way.
- Key Arena will be on your right.
Download these driving directions (PDF)
By Metro bus from SPU via Route 13 (toward downtown)
- The #13 Metro Transit bus departs SPU regularly from 3rd Avenue W. and W. Cremona Street.
- The closest stop to Key Arena is on Queen Anne Avenue N. at Harrison Street. Walk one block east on Harrison Street to Key Arena.
Parking at Key Arena
Parking is available in several parking garages in close proximity to Key Arena. Fees vary by location. Bringing cash is recommended.
Key Arena Parking Lot Map (PDF)
- 1st Avenue North Garage: between John and Thomas Street (located 1/2 block south of Key Arena; closest walk of the three garage options)
- Mercer Garage: Third Avenue North & Roy Street (located two blocks northeast of Key Arena)
- 5th Avenue North Garage: Fifth Avenue North & Republican Street (located 2-3 blocks east of Key Arena, across Seattle Center, next to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation)
If you have additional questions, visit the Commencement FAQ. If you don't find your answer there, call 206-281-2125 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.