Our mission is three-pronged:
- We encourage students to pursue a holistic approach to pre-professional preparation.
- We encourage students to develop reflective practices in their pursuit of vocation.
- We create the context for students to demonstrate their commitment to public service.
These foci guide students in their preparation for the application process. In this endeavor, students―and their parents― can expect the PPHS curriculum and extracurricular activity expectations to revolve around our seven pillars:
- Academic Competence
- Clinical Observation/Shadowing
- Community Service and Volunteering
- Collaboration and Collegiality
- Narrative Medicine
We have designed these web pages to outline the foundations for building future dentists, physicians, veterinarians, and other healthcare professionals.
Students interested in pursuing a career in the health professions will be investing a substantive amount of time in clinical and medical environments as well as volunteering among the underserved to begin to appropriate the language, mindsets, and resources required to succeed as a PPHS student. The program includes scholars interested in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, physical therapy, optometry, pharmacy, and more.