Download the Year One Roadmap as a PDF
- Visit Perkins Center or attend Involve-o-rama; participation must be documented.
- Attend PPHS introductory workshop; introduce yourself to the PPHS director and administrator.
- After attending a workshop, your portfolio will be created. You will then be responsible for managing it during your SPU career.
- Register for PPHS 1200 for Winter Quarter.
- Attend PPHS shadowing workshop.*
- Meet with faculty and colleagues to discuss strategies for acquiring shadowing opportunities.
- Begin to set up shadowing opportunities.
- Each student must complete 20 hours of community service* at a nonprofit organization that focuses on the disadvantaged and underserved. This must be a single site. Service is required to continue in the program and to be assigned a PPHS advisor. Complete by beginning of Fall term, Year Two.
- Students must also complete 20 hours of shadowing* by beginning of Fall term, Year Two.
- Students should document their volunteer service. Faculty will collect service evaluation and documentation in PPHS 1800.
- Begin reading in the medical humanities.
- Pre-Physician Assistant students should be begin to pursue summer employment or locate a certified nursing assistant licensing program.
- Update your portfolio.