Instructor of Violoncello and Computer Music
Education: MM, Seattle Film Institute, 2013; Graduate Studies, Indiana University, Bloomington; BM, Portland State University, 1994. At SPU since 2016.
Bradley Hawkins is a cellist and composer residing in Seattle, WA. He has written music for orchestras, choirs, films, video games, chamber groups, rock bands, and children’s ensembles. He performs regularly with the Puget Sound String Quartet, various regional orchestras, and 5th Ave Theater. He has taught music at Seattle University, Lakeside School, The Academy of Music Northwest, and currently teaches cello and computer music at Seattle Pacific University. Bradley studied at cello and composition at Portland State University, Indiana University, and then film scoring at the Seattle Film Institute. Recent projects include the film “Cinema Chimaera” directed by Mick Flaaen, a choral piece in Romanian for Seattle Choral company, An orchestral tone poem for The Northwest Symphony Orchestra, and string and brass arrangements for the metal band “Late September Dogs”.
Bradley has performed in Germany, Canada, Mexico, and across the United States, and has lectured widely on contemporary cello techniques and contemporary music.
- “Chambers” Ballet for Piano Trio and Laptop. (CD) Dialekt Recordings 2016
- “Music For Film and Video Games” (CD) Dialekt Recordings 2016
- “Tales of Woe” Bradley Hawkins Cello, Lesleigh Walters Reinfried Piano. (CD) Dialekt Recordings 2015
- “Trios for Piano, Violin, and Cello” Turnía Trio (CD) Dialekt Recordings 2016
- Alchymeia 2012
- Bradley Hawkins Cello, Jesse Canterbury Clarinets, Dialekt Recordings 2003