Alternative Routes to Certification (ARC)
Seattle Pacific University’s Alternative Routes to Certification (ARC) Online-Quality Schools International (QSI) program integrates a Washington Residency Teacher Certification program with a graduate degree (MAT — Master of Arts in Teaching).
Who Should Pursue This Degree
If you are a non-certified teacher employed by Quality Schools International, the ARC-Online-QSI program may be right for you. ARC-Online is designed for people who live outside of Washington and want to earn both teacher certification and a master’s degree concurrently. Teachers working at QSI schools are able to use their employment to fulfill internship requirements.
Schools with job openings are known to seek Seattle Pacific graduates for both their competence and their character. Completing SPU’s ARC-Online program gives you a competitive edge in the marketplace. Other benefits of this low residency ARC program include:
- Completion of Washington State Residency Certification in four quarters.
- Non-certified teachers can complete all internship activities in their current job setting.
- Ability to complete the program away from the Seattle area.
- Completion of a MAT degree that offers greater teaching expertise and a higher position on the salary scale (15 additional credits, which can be completed in one to four quarters).
- Progression through the program with fellow students in a cohort.
- Field-based experiences with diverse learners.
- Personalized advising and mentoring from full-time faculty.
- Guaranteed enrollment in certification courses.
- Technology instruction embedded in the curriculum.
- A personalized teacher development plan.
The program outline includes a description of program components, required courses, and program schedule. The official degree requirements for this graduate program are stated in the SPU Graduate Catalog in effect when you are admitted into this program.
What is required for admission to the ARC-Online-QSI program? Find information about admission requirements and procedures. The official admission requirements for this graduate program are stated in the SPU Graduate Catalog in effect when you apply to this program.