Admission Information: Master of Education (MEd)
in Educational Leadership
Applicants will have at least a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. The MEd in Educational Leadership admits candidates each quarter.
Applicants must submit the following items to the Graduate Center.
- Application and $50 application processing fee.
- Copy of current Washington state teaching certificate, front and back (not required for Program Administrator Certification candidates).
- Official transcript(s) from each college/university attended.
- If your degree is not from a U.S. college or university, please arrange for your transcript to be evaluated by an accredited transcript evaluation company such as FIS or WES. Have the report forwarded directly to the Graduate Center.
- Personal statement (1–2 pages).
- GRE (Graduate Record Exam) or (MAT) Miller Analogies Test scores taken within five years of application.
- On the former GRE exam, preferred minimum combined Verbal and Quantitative score of 950
- On the revised GRE exam, preferred minimum scores of Verbal: 148 and Quantitative: 147
- On the MAT, preferred minimum scaled score of 400*
- Two letters of recommendation (one supervisory, one professional).
- Recommendations must come from present principals and other school administrators who recommend support of the applicant's pursuit of administrative certification.
- At least one of the letters must be from a school-district level administrator who affirms district support for the candidate to conduct a year-long administrative internship, school-based for principal certification and/or district based for a program administrator.
- Verification of Experience Form - required for anyone seeking a Washington State Principal Certificate.
*The GRE or MAT will be waived for students who achieved at least either a 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA, or a 3.0 in the last 45 credits of completed undergraduate coursework.
Autumn Quarter: August 15
Winter Quarter: November 15
Spring Quarter: February 15
Summer Session: May 15
Application and Admissions Questions
Office: Graduate Center
Seattle Pacific University
3307 Third Avenue West, Suite 111
Seattle, WA 98119-1922
Your source for information on all SPU graduate programs, as well as admissions and events.