About the Virginia Mason RN Residency Program
Virginia Mason is proud to offer a program to help newly licensed nurses successfully transition into clinical practice. We have Residency opportunities in ambulatory, perioperative, and inpatient nursing.
We care about you and are committed to empower you to successfully navigate your professional nursing journey. We have partnered with the Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program™ to provide resources to help our new nurses gain confidence and increase competence during this 12-month program. The program offers specialty training built on evidence-based curriculum from the national specialty associations. Your well-being as a new nurse is enhanced through hands-on training and processing clinical experiences.
As a newly licensed nurse at Virginia Mason you will receive preceptorship from an experienced nurse, build relationships with peers and participate in engaging learning experiences in a supportive cohorted environment.
- 12-month program with minimum eight- to 10-week precepted orientation.
- No contract required.
- Variety of units and specialties across the continuum of care available.
- Interactive sessions using evidence-based curriculum delivered by content experts.
Our Program will increase your ability to:
- Use effective decision-making skills.
- Provide clinical nursing leadership when administering care.
- Incorporate research-based evidence into practice.
- Strengthen professional commitment to nursing.
- Formulate an individualized professional development plan.
- An active Washington state RN license prior to starting the residency.
- BSN required (or Nurse Tech at Virginia Mason)
- Available for on-site or Skype interviews.
To apply, please submit a current résumé including a cover letter/goal statement identifying why you are interested in Virginia Mason, why you became a nurse, where and what unit you completed your Senior Practicum, and your long-term nursing/career goals.
For more information or to apply please visit our website at jobs.VirginiaMason.org and search job #210568. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Virtual RN Chat Sessions
Register for one of our Nursing Chat events, and chat one on one with our nurse recruiters to learn more about Residency programs at Virginia Mason. For a complete list of events click below: