Nursing Program prerequisites are typically completed during the first two years, along with core University requirements.
Check your eligibility
To apply to the BSN program, you must:
A student in good standing currently enrolled full time at SPU or have been enrolled at SPU within the past four quarters.
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.85 for completed prerequisite coursework. All individual earned grades must be at least 2.0.
- Repeat policy – considering all nine prerequisite classes there may be no more than two (2) repeats taken overall to earn a grade higher than a 2.0.
- At the time you submit your application, at least four (4) prerequisite classes must be completed.
- All prerequisite coursework must be on track to be completed for cohort entry as follows:
- January 15 to enter Spring Cohort
- July 1 to enter Autumn or Winter Cohort
- Completed 90 quarter hour credits by the time you begin the BSN program.
Any questions regarding eligibility should be discussed with your SPU Academic advisor.
Meeting the minimum criteria for consideration of admission neither implies nor guarantees admission to the program.