Discipleship is the heart of what we do at Immerse. Our mission is to encourage, empower, and equip young people as leaders and disciples in and for the Church. Because of the unprecedented moment in which we find ourselves — the pandemic, the political atmosphere, and the increasing sense of isolation, division and fear — we believe that now more than ever our communities are in desperate need of young people who are firm in their identity in Christ, who are able to understand and articulate the theological foundations of their faith, and who love God and others with a renewed sense of humility and patience.
To this end, this winter we are offering a 6-week virtual Community Bible Study entitled “Texts of Hope,” to high school students currently in grades 9–12.
- Participants: Students who are in grades 9–12 in the 2020–21 school year
- Dates: January 11–February 21, 2021
- Cost: $100
- Location: Virtual
Winter CBS is an opportunity for students to engage in community with other high school students from around the country and reflect on the intersection between identity and faith in light of real-world issues. This course is only $100, and, upon completion, students will receive two college-credits toward SPU.
What will you do each week?
Enjoy a prerecorded bible lesson from one of SPU’s professors of theology.
- Complete a creative task throughout the week which reflects on the Bible lesson and helps you apply it to daily life.
Participate in a live-virtual gathering with the other students, leaders, and, occasionally, a special guest!
What are the benefits of Immerse CBS?
- Engage in meaningful community with other high school students from around the country.
- Learn how to contextualize your faith in light of real world issues.
- Understand how the Old and New Testaments speak about hope, and the ways in which you can embody biblical hope in your own life.
- Continue your journey of discipleship, leadership development, and theological formation.
- Receive two college credits at a low cost!
If you’re a high school student who is eager to study the bible and theology, engage in community with other young leaders from around the country, and learn how to contextualize your faith in real-world issues, this program is for you!
To register, fill out the registration form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Find registration form instructions (PDF) here. For more information, contact email@example.com.