We recruit SoulCare leaders to facilitate these Wesleyan small groups (WSGs) each year. The SoulCare leadership program offers you an opportunity to:
- advance your skills in Christian leadership
- engage in the SPU community and invest in fellow students’ spiritual lives
- serve under the mentorship of a Seattle Pacific Seminary student
Follow this link to see a fuller Job Description. The leader application process is now closed for the 2019-2020 academic year. If you would like information about serving in 2020-2021, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SoulCare leaders meet weekly with a small group of UFDN 1000 students to ask and answer the question, "How goes it with your soul?" Leaders are mentored by a seminarian, and receive ongoing leadership training through a free one-credit class (THEO 3780/4780). This position is a year-long commitment of up to 4-5 hours per week, and is paid approximately $300 per quarter.
- Attend a pre-quarter Orientation, once per quarter
- Register for and attend the weekly THEO 3780/4780 class each quarter* (Wednesdays 6-7pm)
- Lead your Wesleyan Small Group:
- Ask and discuss the question, "How goes it with your soul?"
- Cultivate a safe and sacred space for all group members
- Establish WSG ground rules and hold the group accountable to them
- Track group attendance weekly via Canvas
- Attend weekly mentor group meeting each quarter
- Autumn Quarter: scheduled with mentor
- Winter and Spring Quarters: Wednesdays, 6-7pm
- Schedule 2 one-on-ones with seminary mentor per quarter
- Complete feedback surveys
- Complete and submit Banner timesheets
- Be attentive to email communication
* THEO 3780/4780 meets weekly as a class Autumn Quarter. In Winter and Spring Quarters, leaders register for THEO 4780 for the credit, although the class does not meet.
For more information about small group meeting times, please see the Job Description.
Learn more about what Wesleyan Small Group leadership offers you.
Application deadline: The Application process for 2019-2020 is now closed. If you would like information about serving in 2020-2021, please email email@example.com.