SPRING QUARTER 2020: UFDN 1000L Wesleyan Small Groups will occur Spring Quarter 2020 in an online format. The application process for Wesleyan Small Group Leader candidates for 2020–21 will also be completely online, including interviews. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recruit SoulCare leaders to facilitate these Wesleyan small groups (WSGs) each year. The SoulCare leadership program offers you an opportunity to:
- advance your skills in Christian leadership
- engage in the SPU community and invest in fellow students’ spiritual lives
- serve under the mentorship of a Seattle Pacific Seminary student
For more information about being a SoulCare leader (including small group meeting times for 2020-2021), please see the Job Description.
Learn more about what Wesleyan Small Group leadership offers you.
Apply now: Access the SoulCare Application by clicking this link. Application deadline: Monday, April 20. If you would like more information about serving in 2020-2021, please email email@example.com.
SoulCare leaders are Christian undergraduate students who meet weekly with a small group of UFDN 1000 students to ask and answer the question, "How goes it with your soul?" Leaders are mentored by a seminarian, and receive training in Christian leadership through a free one-credit class (THEO 3780/4780). This position is a year-long commitment of up to 4-5 hours per week, and leaders are paid approximately $300 per quarter.
- Attend a pre-quarter Orientation, once per quarter
- Register for the weekly Leader Training class each quarter*
- THEO 3780 (new leaders) - Autumn Quarter, Wednesdays, 5–6 pm
- THEO 4780 (returning leaders) - Autumn Quarter, Wednesdays, 6:30 –7:30 pm
- Lead your Wesleyan Small Group (WSG):
- Ask and discuss the question, "How goes it with your soul?"
- Cultivate a safe and sacred space for all group members
- Establish WSG ground rules and hold the group accountable to them
- Track group attendance weekly via Canvas
- Attend weekly mentor group meeting each quarter (scheduled with seminary mentor)
- Schedule 2 one-on-ones with seminary mentor per quarter
- Complete feedback surveys
- Complete and submit Banner timesheets
- Be attentive to email communication
* THEO 3780/4780 meets weekly as a class Autumn Quarter. In Winter and Spring Quarters, leaders register for THEO 4780 for the credit, although the class does not meet.