How the SoulCare Internship Works
Each academic year, current and incoming Seattle Pacific Seminary students will be selected for the SoulCare Discipleship Intern program. Interns help oversee the SoulCare program by leading undergraduate Wesleyan small groups, and by training and mentoring undergraduate students to lead additional small groups.
Interns will also be involved in intentional exercises on vocational discernment and discipleship, including readings, written reflections, and one-on-one mentoring, and will engage in thoughtful discussions with senior leaders from both within and outside the University. Interns serve 15 hours per week, and receive $16.39 per hour.
SoulCare Program Distinctives
Young-adult seminarians with a passion for ministering to college students should apply for this program. As a SoulCare Discipleship Intern, you will receive:
- Training and leadership experiences related to developing a practical theology of discipleship to Jesus Christ
- The opportunity to be involved in ministry while in the midst of seminary education, and to develop skills in pastoral care, discipleship, mentoring, leadership development, and program design, implementation, and evaluation
- The opportunity to dialog with senior leaders from within SPU and the extended SPU network about the nature of vocation and calling
- One-on-one mentoring with specific emphases on Christian spiritual formation and the discernment of one’s gifts, passions, and calling in ministry
Application Process and Timeline
Current and incoming SPS seminarians are invited to apply for the SoulCare Discipleship Intern program. ** APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED **: All applications are due by 5pm on April 29, 2020. Interviews will be conducted thereafter, and the new SoulCare Discipleship Intern cohort will be notified by May 20, 2020.
- A clear witness to a growing, vibrant faith in Christ Jesus
- Prior acceptance into Seattle Pacific Seminary
- Passion for ministry to college students
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of working well in a team setting
- Reliable and diligent work ethic
Download the 2020–21 Program Overview and Job Description.
How to Apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED: Emailed or mailed applications for the 2020–2021 SoulCare Discipleship Intern program are due by 5 p.m. on April 29, 2020.
Please email application to: email@example.com.
Or submit via mail to:
SoulCare Discipleship Intern Program
Nate Hoover, Assistant Director
3307 3rd Avenue West, Suite 204
Seattle, WA 98119