The Center for Career and Calling, together with the SERVE Grant, funds service and nonprofit unpaid internships during Summer Sessions. SERVE Internship Grant recipients receive an award of $1,500.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to gain relevant job experience and skills, explore career and vocational interests, and begin to develop a network within the nonprofit sector.
Eligibility for a SERVE Internship Grant
- You must be a junior or senior.
- You must be in good standing with the University.
- Your proposed internship should be relevant to your educational goals or stated vocational interests.
- The internship must be unpaid with a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization or a government agency.
- The internship must be off campus and cannot be student teaching or a practicum for professional licensure.
- You must work at least 10 hours per week for a minimum of 10 weeks.
You are eligible to apply for the scholarship without regard to financial need. Grant recipients are responsible for any applicable federal income tax.