The Center for Career and Calling offers many helpful resources to guide you through the process of vocational discernment, job search, and career transition, even after you graduate.
Career counseling from the CCC is free to alumni within one year of graduation. After that, alumni receive three free appointments per calendar year and can then pay $50 for each additional appointment. You can make an appointment to meet with one of our professional career counselors.
Access to Handshake
Alumni have full access to Handshake, our online career-resource, job-posting, and networking tool. Sign in (using your SPU username and password) and look for jobs, sign up to help with or speak at events, and more.
Alumni are invited to attend all Center for Career and Calling events, including:
- Career fairs
- Employer meet-ups
- Career conversation panels
- Etiquette dinners
- Career literacy workshops
(For up-to-the-minute information on events and workshops, be sure to follow us on Facebook.)
Alumni are welcome to use all of our online resources, including tools for:
Also, be sure to follow us on social media for:
- Career guidance presentations and webinars on Vimeo
- Dress for success tips on Pinterest
- Updates on events and opportunities on Facebook and Twitter
Ways You Can Get Involved
Want to assist a current undergraduate student with his or her career identity? Whatever your job, interests, or areas of expertise, you can help us help our students in the challenging, yet rewarding, process of career and calling exploration.
Sign in to Switchboard:
- Mentor a student. Offer to help an SPU student explore career options, or even find an internship or a job at your place of employment, by being a mentor or providing an opportunity for a job shadow.
- Be available for an informational interview. Offer to meet one-on-one with a student who is considering a career in your field, and share your personal experience and advice.
- Be a guest speaker. Offer to present career information to a student club or group.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Sign in to the Handshake Students/Alumni portal to:
- Assist with an event. Help students explore choices and build skills related to their major, vocational calling, and career journey by hosting an employer meet-up, assisting with mock interviews, editing résumés, or hosting a table at the annual Etiquette Dinner. Indicate your interests, and we’ll let you know about upcoming opportunities.
- Speak at an event. Volunteer to be a guest speaker for a career and calling class, a department employer panel, or an interview preparation workshop.