The Center for Career and Calling offers daily walk-in appointments for all undergraduate SPU students. These appointments are peer-to-peer, meaning you will be meeting with our highly trained student workers. Appointments range anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour, depending on your needs. Topics covered during walk-in appointments include:
- Résumé Review
- Cover Letter Review
- LinkedIn Profile Review
- Falcon Connect Assistance
In Autumn Quarter 2021, we plan to again offer a mix of in-person and virtual walk-in appointments. Our office has open tables and computers for you to use. If you would like a résumé or cover letter reviewed in person, please bring a printed version with you.
The current Spring 2021 walk-in schedule (all virtual):
- 9:30–11 a.m; 11:45 a.m.–1 p.m.; 1:15–3:30 p.m.
- 9:30 a.m.–1 p.m.; 1:15–3:30 p.m.
- 9:30–11:00 a.m.; 12:15–3 p.m.
- 9:30–11 a.m.; 11:45 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
What can I expect?
Your peer career advisor will:
- Assist you in a first-come, first-served basis. While you cannot reserve a walk-in appointment slot, wait times are often low or non-existent.
- Assist you in reviewing your résumé or cover letter, as well as answer questions regarding your LinkedIn or Falcon Connect accounts.
- Help connect you with career resources in our office and online.
- Provide guidance to help you to determine next steps and develop a plan to achieve your goals.
- Refer you to a graduate career advisor or career counselor if needed, and assist you in setting up your appointment through Handshake.