What is my Penji dashboard?
This is where you can find times when tutoring is available (including Drop-in and Small Group Tutoring), sign up 2 hours in advance if you want to do Small Group Tutoring, and connect to a tutor when it is time for your session. The dashboard also shows your past tutoring visits and any future Small Group appointments.
What should I do if I’m having trouble connecting to my tutoring session using Penji or Zoom?
You can send a message to your tutor from the Session Details page on your Penji dashboard.
I need to cancel a Small Group tutoring session I scheduled using Penji. How do I do that?
You can cancel a Small Group tutoring session by going to the Session Details page on your Penji dashboard. In the upper right corner of the page, you will see three dots, click on those, and select cancel session.
Why can’t I find a class I want to get tutoring for in on the Penji app?
Not all SPU classes are available for tutoring through the Penji app. For information on CFL supported tutoring and finding a private pay tutor visit our website here – CFL Tutoring
Can I use Penji to chat with a tutor about a question at any time?
No, the chat function is only available during tutor sessions or to communicate about issues connecting to sessions.
I’m having issues with the Penji app not working on my mobile device. Who can I talk to about that?
Access Penji from a desktop computer at penjiapp.com and use the Help menu to Report a Problem to Penji.
I’m not receiving Penji emails about my upcoming sessions?
Check your email Clutter and Junk folders to see if you can locate your Penji emails there. If you still aren’t able to locate them, report the issue to Penji using the Help menu.
What is the difference between Drop-in and Small Group tutoring?
- Subjects offered through Drop-in tutoring: A&P, BIO, CHM, MAT, PSY/SOC and UFDN
- 15 minute, 1-on-1 session with a tutor to ask a question during designated drop-in hours.
- Students sign up and join a queue until a tutor is available. Penji will notify students when a tutor is ready for them.
- Students should keep their browser window or mobile app open for the Penji alert that their tutor is ready. If a student doesn’t respond to the Penji notification within 3 minutes, the tutor will move on to the next student in the queue.
- Students may sign up to rejoin the queue, as long as there is enough time within the drop-in hours.
Small Group Tutoring:
- Subjects offered through Small Group tutoring: A&P, BIO, and CHM.
- Students sign up for a 50-minute session with a tutor and up to two other students from the same subject area.