Maintenance and safety
Tables and chairs may not be moved from any other location on campus.
- Soft seating furniture must remain in the lobby.
No object or sign may be attached to the walls with tape, nails, or screws.
With approval, Facilities may assist in hanging banners or signs.
Bubble/smoke machines, glitter, chalk, or other such items that may cause damage to the interior or exterior of the building are not permitted.
Guidelines to remember
Reservations: How far in advance?
- SPU “main events” (approved by the SLT): Reserve space in Upper Gwinn up to 12 months in advance.
- Other SPU events: Reserve space in Upper Gwinn up to nine months in advance.
- External non-SPU events: Reserve space in Upper Gwinn up to six months in advance.
All internal space requests are made through Roomfinder. All external space requests are made through the External organizations reservation request form.
Use of the foyer
The foyer cannot be reserved as a standalone space. We book both the Cascade and Queen Anne rooms concurrently and all groups need access to the foyer. As a result, foyer activities are limited to check-in, registration, and other similar small activities. To use the foyer for more than these activities, you must reserve the entire Upper Gwinn Commons.
Concurrent reservations in adjoining rooms
Conference Services books events in both the Cascade and Queen Anne rooms concurrently, while remaining sensitive to event type, noise level, and other factors.
Contact Conference Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) for current rates for the Queen Anne Room, Cascade Room, and all of Upper Gwinn (exclusive use of Queen Anne, Cascade, and foyer). We use a streamlined flat rate per room.
External groups may also submit a reservation request form. Internal groups can contact Conference Services with questions at 206-281-2187 (x2187 from a campus phone) or email@example.com.
Placing holds on a date
- You may place up to three holds for a single event.
- Holds expire 90 days from the date they are placed or 30 days before the proposed event date, whichever comes first.
- If you place a hold within 30 days of your event, your hold will expire three days from the date it is placed.
Please confirm your event date and release your holds as soon as possible so we can maximize usage of Upper Gwinn.
Changing event dates
- You may change your confirmed event date at any time, up to one week before your event, without penalty, as long as your new date is also available.
- You may cancel a confirmed event in Upper Gwinn up to 30 days before the event without penalty. Any event cancelled within 30 days will be charged a $100 cancellation fee.