Virtual Community Building
The Office of Student Involvement and Leadership is open and working diligently to respond to the ongoing developments about the Coronavirus and especially the impact on student community, student clubs and organizations and student leaders. Please feel free to reach out to our staff directly for support. You can find our staff information by clicking here.
This page contains information and resources for SPU undergraduate students to reduce social isolation and encourage connections while our campus engagement opportunities are suspended due to Coronavirus. This page will be updated frequently, so check back for new resources and activities.
Wednesday, May 13th at 7:00 p.m. we'll be hosting Disney Trivia with the chance to win a year-long Disney+ subscription!
Join STUB for an Instagram Scavenger Hunt on Monday, May 18th for some sleuthing fun!
Start your week off with mindfulness at STUB's free Live Yoga class on Monday, May 25th!
Follow us Instagram at @spu_osil to join in our daily “virtual community”:
- Mondays: Monday Musing – Quotes that inspire, challenge, and instill hope for the week
- Tuesdays: Two or More Tuesdays – Join OSIL in a virtual community connection – changing every week – but consistently connecting us with each other while we’re apart! (I.e. virtual Netflix movie nights, FaceTime challenges and more!) Each week we will pick a group of participants to win a coffee card – for an in-person meet-up once we’re back on campus.
- Wednesdays: Wellness Wednesdays – A rotating weekly challenge to be active, get creative, and find ways to keep ourselves well during social distancing. One participant each week will win a amazon box full of ways to keep the week’s challenge going!
- Thursdays: OSIL Book Club – Join our online book club – with a new book being released every two weeks!
- Fridays: Falcon Fridays – Rotating every week – get a boost of happiness by sharing photos of your pets and/or hearing from a member of our SPU community!
- Saturday/Sunday: Student leader take-overs
Activities at Home
- Call or video chat your friends or family members
- Send a letter or thank you note to someone
- Text or email pictures to friends and familiy
- Spend time entering family and friends' birthdays on your calendar
- Play a free board game online with friends
- Watch Netflix with a friend
- Create a book club with your friends or family - check out OSIL's book club list
Support Request and Volunteers
Resources for Navigating COVD
Questions? Contact the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Life Staff
Support, encourage, mentor, and teach. That’s what the staff in SPU’s Student Life departments aim to do every day.
Students Serving Students
If you’re an undergraduate at SPU, you’re a member of ASSP. You’re represented by a dynamic group of elected officers and student employees, looking for ways to serve you.
Commuting to SPU
Whether you bus, bike, or walk to campus, check out the resources for SPU commuter students.