The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has reduced the emphasis on surfaces and objects as a significant transmission source of COVID-19 and recommends return to regular, routine cleaning in most spaces. Current higher education guidance recommends: “Perform routine sanitization of high-touch surfaces and shared resources (e.g., doorknobs, elevators, vending machines, points of sales) in accordance with CDC and DOH guidelines…. Disinfect all surfaces with an EPA-registered chemical disinfectant… For shared bathrooms, create a cleaning schedule to clean facilities regularly.” The University will follow its Infectious Disease Cleaning Protocol for COVID-19 and continue to update it to align with the most current federal and state recommendations.
- The Office of Facility and Project Management (Facilities) will return to routine cleaning and disinfection for SARS-CoV-2 once a day in any occupied space. Most campus spaces are occupied five days per week.
- Traditional residence halls will be cleaned and disinfected once a day, five days per week.
- Suite-style residence hall and apartment common areas will be cleaned once a day, five days per week. Residents are responsible for cleaning their own restrooms.
- Facilities will perform enhanced cleaning and disinfection in any space where a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case was present in the last 24 hours during their infectious period. Staff will be trained and cleared to wear upgraded PPE including N95s. Disinfectants will be registered by the EPA for use against COVID-19.
- Continue to supply cleaning/disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer to the University community.