We are excited to welcome you into the Falcon Family! Please note that adjustments to the following schedule may occur due to shifting governmental and university policies concerning COVID-19. We are committed to your safety and complying with all Washington state and King County directives.
Before you arrive
- Make hotel reservations in Seattle. Learn more about lodging and accommodations.
- Be aware of your student’s check-in time:
- If your student will live on campus (in a residence hall or in a campus apartment), they will be able to move into their residential space between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 8. Move-in times are coordinated based on the first letter of students’ last names.
- Students with last names beginning with A–K will be able to move in between 9 a.m.–12 p.m. (noon).
- Students with last names beginning with L–Z will be able to move in between 1–5 p.m.
- Plan on arriving at this time to go through the check-in process in Upper Gwinn, then your student will be able to access their living area after check-in. Students won’t be able to enter their residential space until their designated move-in block.
- If your student will not live on campus, you’re invited to check in at Orientation Check-In (Upper Gwinn) any time between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. or 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 8. If for some reason you’re unable to participate in Thursday’s Welcome Dinner or Opening Welcome, you can also check in at Orientation Central (SUB Gazebo Room) from 8:30–9:45 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 9.
Arriving on campus
- When you arrive on campus to move in your student, please follow the signs and park in one of our visitor parking lots. Once you are parked, proceed to Upper Gwinn Commons, our Orientation Check-In.
- Please check out the campus map to see our various parking lots available to you during your time on campus.
- Students, parents, and guests should all plan to check-in at Upper Gwinn.
- Students and those helping them move-in will be asked to wear face masks, unless not advisable for health reasons.
- To manage occupancy and flow, guests assisting their student with move-in will be encouraged to exit the residential area once they are finished with the moving process.
- Thursday evening begins with a free catered dinner in Tiffany Loop. If your student has a check-in time between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m., you may begin dinner from 4:30–6 p.m. If your student received a move-in time between 1 p.m. and 6 p.m., you may begin dinner from 6:30–8 p.m.
- On-campus restroom access will be available in our Student Union Building, Weter Hall, and Upper Gwinn Commons.