We are excited to welcome you into the Falcon Family! Please note that adjustments to the following schedule may occur due to shifting governmental and university policies concerning COVID-19. We are committed to your safety and complying with all Washington state and King County directives.
Before you arrive
- Make hotel reservations in Seattle. Learn more about lodging and accommodations.
- Be sure you are aware of your student’s move-in time; they can check in at central Orientation check-in, but won’t be able to enter their residential space until their designated time block.
- Your student can have 2 additional guests help with move-in to their residence hall. Be sure that your student has indicated in their registration who is designated to assist them with move-in. You will want to perform temperature and COVID-19 symptom self-assessments before arriving on campus.
Arriving on campus
- When you arrive on campus to move in your student, please follow the signs and proceed to Upper Gwinn Commons.
- Your student's move-in time on September 10 has been given to them in the housing assignment in early August. You should plan on arriving earlier than this to go through the registration process, but students will not be able to enter their residential space until their assigned time.
- Students living on campus are assigned check-in/move-in times between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Thursday, September 10.
- Students and those helping them move will be asked to wear face masks, unless not advisable for health reasons.
- Students are asked to limit the number of people assisting them with their move-in to no more than 2 people (pre-registered). Students will also be asked to indicate the people they’ve chosen to help them when they complete their Orientation Registration process on SLATE.
- To manage occupancy and impact, people helping will be encouraged to exit the building once they are finished assisting with their student’s moving process.
- Given that the Parents/Family element of Orientation ends on Friday afternoon, only the residents of a hall or University staff will be permitted in the residence halls after 6 p.m. on Friday, September 11.
- Campus Apartments: Check in at Orientation check-in at Upper Gwinn, on the 2nd floor of Gwinn Commons.
- Students, parents, and guests will all check in at Upper Gwinn.
- Commuter students and their families who check in on Thursday, will do so at Orientation check-in in Upper Gwinn. Commuter students and their families who check in on Friday morning will do so at Orientation Central (located on the first floor of the Student Union Building, building 24 on the campus map).
- After move-in, everyone is invited to a socially distanced, free catered dinner in Tiffany Loop