First Year Students
All new first-year students participate in our New Student Orientation to launch their educational careers at SPU. You’ll have the opportunity to check out campus, meet your classmates and current students, learn more about what it means to be a Falcon, and have fun! Through an exciting and informative three-day Orientation you’ll feel more connected to campus and all of the resources we have to offer. Welcome — SPU is better because you are here!
Full Schedule Register
- Early Connections participants will have priority check-in from 9:30 a.m.–10 a.m.
- Residential students with last names starting with A–L are invited to check in and move in from 10 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Residential students with last names starting with M–Z are invited to check in and move in from 1:30 p.m.–4 p.m.
- Commuter students are invited check in from 3–4:30 p.m.
Is Orientation mandatory?
- Orientation is mandatory for all SPU students. You will have the opportunity to meet your peers, meet SPU faculty, and learn about important campus resources to help make you successful at SPU. You don’t want to miss this!
What if I cannot attend?
- If you are not able to attend Orientation because of an extenuating circumstance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One of our Orientation staff will respond to you as soon as they are able.
What will it cost?
- All students (first year and transfer) will be charged a mandatory $150 Orientation fee that will be charged directly to their student account, regardless of what program they attend.
- This fee covers Orientation meals, supplies, t-shirt, activities, and all other costs associated with Orientation.
- There is no additional fee for parents or guests. A portion of the fee covers the costs of the Parent and Guest Orientation program.