The Computer and Information Systems (CIS) department exists to serve the SPU community, specifically in relation to the technologies for academics and instruction, plus the business functions of the university.
Contact the CIS Office
- Contact CIS
In Person: Lower Marston Hall, Campus Map
M–F, 7:30 a.m.– 5:00 p.m.
Many of the technologies CIS maintains, are intended for use 24/7. CIS staff members are available around the clock to assist in emergency situations.
- Urgent After-Hours Support
To report an urgent technical problem during CIS non-business hours, contact SPU Campus Security at 206-281-2922. Security officers are available to handle your call and forward pertinent information to the appropriate CIS technician.
Weekly Systems Maintenance Window
In order to maintain the servers, network devices, applications, and online resources, CIS staff must perform routine maintenance. Whenever possible, that work will be scheduled to take place between 4:00am-7:00am (Seattle time) on Wednesday mornings. During this maintenance window CIS may need to reboot systems, upgrade software, replace old equipment, and disrupt services.
Areas of Support
CIS manages a number of core university technology server resources, including but not limited to:
- Banner Information System - the university's primary administrative system
- Classroom instructional technology
- Core servers and hardware components of the campus network
- Faculty and staff desktop and laptop computers
- Software licensing (Microsoft, McAfee, SPSS, etc.) and software distribution/resale
- Campus email system (Microsoft Exchange)
- Specialized/special purpose central database servers
- Campus-wide network resources and access to the Internet
- Telephone, voicemail, unified messaging, and cable TV
- Walk-in, email and telephone support via the CIS HelpDesk (Lower Marston)