Financial aid information for undocumented students


Undocumented students living in Washington state are eligible to receive Washington State Need Grant funds. To apply, complete the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA). Funds are limited, so apply as soon as possible. Completing the WASFA also allows you to be considered for SPU institutional aid. Need help completing the WASFA? You can find instructions here


DACA students who are not Washington residents may complete the electronic version of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and add SPU’s federal school code: 003788. Completing the FAFSA application will not make you eligible for federal financial aid, but will allow SPU to award you institutional financial aid. 


Non-DACA students who are not Washington residents will need to complete a paper FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and submit it to Student Financial Services.You can download the 2020–21 paper FAFSA here (PDF) or the download the 2021–22 paper FAFSA here. (PDF)


Advice and resources for undocumented college students by Affordable Colleges Online.


DREAMers Roadmap is a national nonprofit helping undocumented students find scholarship opportunities through a mobile app

My Undocumented Life, a blog providing up-to-date information and resources to undocumented immigrants, posts an undated list of scholarships available to undocumented students

SPU’s Student Financial Services

If you have questions, contact a representative in Student Financial Services, located on the lower level of Demaray Hall.

Phone: 206-281-2061 | 800-737-8826

“When I was able to open up to professors and find another student at SPU that understood the constant thoughts of fear and isolation, it reassured me to know that I was not alone.”
SPU junior