SERVE Internship Grant
The SPU Center for Career and Calling, together with the SERVE grant, funds service/non-profit, unpaid internships during Winter, Spring and Summer quarters. Students receive an award of $1000.
This is an excellent opportunity for students to gain relevant job experience and skills, explore career and vocational interests and begin to develop a network within the non-profit sector.
Stories from previous SERVE grant recipients
Student is responsible for any applicable Federal income tax**
Eligibility for the SERVE Internship Fund
- Junior or Senior
- Good standing with the university
- Internship must be unpaid with a non-profit 501(c)3 organization or government agency
- Internship must be off campus and not student teaching.
- Must work at least 10 hours per week for a minimum of 10 weeks.
- Students are eligible to apply for the scholarship without regard to financial need
- Print application below..
- Talk with your potential internship employer and define the expected responsibilities for your position. It is your responsibility to give the internship employer the “Employer Information Sheet,” which outlines his/her responsibilities for the program.
- Complete all sections of the application. Be as specific as possible. It is strongly suggested that you make an appointment with a career counselor to review your resume before you submit your application.
- Submit your application (signed by your supervisor), including resume and transcript (unofficial), to the Center for Career and Calling; 2nd Floor SUB by the deadline listed below.
*Click Here for Application Form*
Winter 2016 Application Deadline :
5pm, Monday, November 30
Spring 2016 Application Deadline:
5pm, Monday, March 7
Summer 2016 Application Deadline:
5pm, Tuesday, May 31