Accessing Internet Native Banner
- Select Internet Native Banner PROD. (The PREPROD selection is for testing purposes only and will not have up-to-date information.)
- Download J Initiator. (You will only need to do this once.)
Enter your Username (same as webmail)
Enter your Password (can be created in MARS account in BanWeb)
- ***When you select the PROD link, a yellow bar will appear that asks you to download activeX controls. Click on the bar and allow it to download and follow the on screen instructions to install. Once installation is complete it will load Internet Native Banner.
Note: Your Banner access only allows you to view the information; you will not be able to maintain or change the data.
Banner Key Strokes and Terms
- Shift + F7: to go to the top of the page.
- F8: to process the query.
- F9: to query.
- F10: to save or submit a job query.
- Shift + F3: to select your choice and bring you back to the original Banner Form.
- Control + q: to quit.
- Control + Page Down: to go down to another section of the page.
- Options Menu: shows related Banner forms.
Terms: The “term” field in Banner is a 6-digit sequence. The first 5 digits refer to the academic year for which you are searching:
- 20089X = 2008–2009 academic year
- 19934X = 1993–1994 academic year
- 20112X = 2011–2012 academic year
The last digit will refer to the quarter for which you are searching:
- 0 = Summer
- 1 = Autumn
- 2 = Winter
- 3 = Spring
Example: 200901 = Autumn Quarter of 2009–10
Banner PDF cheat sheet (PDF) (Download and print, if preferred.)
SAS Faculty Resources home