Report a Concern

All members of the university community may make reports of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, bias, bullying or criminal activity by submitting the Report a Concern form or by making a report in person or by phone to a member of SPU's Response Team. 

The Report a Concern form should not be used for emergency purposes. In the event of an emergency, call 911 for assistance if you are off campus, or 206.281.2911 if you are on campus. 

Online reports may be submitted anonymously; however, anonymous reports may limit the University’s ability to respond and provide support. Third-party reporters should not investigate the situation or make determinations as to what happened; rather, they should simply relay the information that is known to them.

Core members of the Response Team members include:

  • Dr. Sandra Mayo, Vice Provost for Inclusive Excellence, (206) 281-2191; 
  • Ms. Trista Truemper, Title IX/Section 504 Coordinator, (206) 281-2538; 
  • Ms. Cheryl Michaels, Deputy Title IX Coordinator/Director of Emergency Management and Associate Director of Safety and Security, (206) 281-2625; 

Human Resources, Student life professionals, and/or legal counsel may additionally be consulted depending on the severity of the conduct reported and the status of the individuals named in the report.

After the initial review of the submitted report, members of the Response Team will reach out to the affected individual(s) to discuss any applicable policies and procedures, confidentiality and its limitations, and available resources and support. If necessary, the Response Team may refer the affected individual(s) to the office or agency most capable of responding to the issue. If more information is needed, the affected individual may be contacted with an invitation to schedule an intake interview with the appropriate University personnel. 

The University takes seriously each report that is submitted. Individuals are welcome to contact members of the Response Team to ask questions or talk through their situation before or after submitting this form and may do so without entering the Formal Complaint process.