The Office of Inclusive Excellence is introducing a new hiring initiative with permission from, and modeled after, Oregon State University’s Search Advocate Program. The program’s primary goal is to promote equity, mitigate bias, and increase diversity in SPU’s faculty and staff searches.
We are grateful for the participation of these faculty and staff who will serve as search advocates during the coming year:
- Stephanie Armes, assistant professor of marriage and family therapy/director of internship, School of Psychology, Family, and Community
- Tracie Delgado, associate professor of biology, College of Arts and Sciences: Division of STEM and Social Sciences
- Teylar Greer, executive assistant to the VP for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- June Hyun, associate professor and chair of school counseling, School of Education
- Josh Kanehen, director, Business Systems, Computer Information Systems
- Jennifer LaBrie, director, Development Research and Information Strategy, University Advancement
- Bo Lim, associate professor of Old Testament, School of Theology
- Geri Mason, associate professor of economics, School of Business, Government, and Economics
- April Middeljans, associate professor of English, College of Arts and Sciences: Division of Arts and Humanities
- Raphael Mondesir, assistant professor of sociology, College of Arts and Sciences: Division of Arts and Humanities
- Chuck Strawn, dean of Students for Community Life, Office of Student Life
- Cindy Strong, education librarian/instructor, University Library
Resources for supervisors and hiring managers
Complete this form to let us know of any searches you anticipate in your area during the 2020–21 academic year. We look forward to partnering with you in this work.