Autumn Quarter 2020 time schedule changes: How to find information on instructional method (i.e., modality) and time changes.
Please take a moment to review your Autumn Quarter schedule. Make sure you clearly understand which instructional method is used for each of your classes, as well as the new meeting times.
To review the instructional method and meeting times of your autumn quarter schedule, use the following steps:
- Log in to Banner.
- Select the Student Menu.
- Click Registration and Class Schedules Menu.
- Choose Class Registration and Planning.
- Click View Registration Information.
- Select Autumn 2020 for term.
- Click on the title of the course.
- Under Class Details Tab, the instructional method will be listed.
The instructional methods
You will find that the Instructional Method will list one of four options:
- Traditional: Course is meeting in person and on campus.
- Online: Course is meeting exclusively online.
- The course may be synchronous (i.e., have a specific meeting pattern that requires you to be online at a specific time),
- or it may be asynchronous (i.e., have an arranged meeting pattern that allows you to complete the coursework on your schedule).
- Online courses will be assigned to a particular time block (i.e., set days and times), and any synchronous meetings will occur within that time block.
- Instructors will describe in each course syllabus whether the course will contain synchronous meetings and how those will be conducted (for example via Zoom).
- Arranged: Coursework is completed during a time and at a location mutually agreed upon by the student and instructor. This instructional method is most common for internships, practicums, independent studies, and similar courses.
- Blended: Course will meet in a modified face-to-face format. What this looks like will vary based on the instructor’s course design. You will receive specific information from your instructor by September 1.
If you need to adjust your schedule, please review the Undergraduate Time Schedule or Graduate Time Schedule, and then make those updates through Banner.
Make sure any changes you make are still helping you fulfill degree requirements. Your Degree Check in Banner is the best place to confirm your progress toward degree requirements.