Please follow the steps below to import your grades:
Grades may be imported as many times as you want, until the grading deadline posted on the academic calendar. If you are not able to meet the grading deadline, be sure you contact your dept. chair/dean and Student Academic Services (at email@example.com). Please also communicate to your students if there will be a delay in grades being available.
Please see the Faculty Resources FAQ on SAS's website for more details about the grading deadline and how to correct errors after the deadline.
Access the Grades Menu in Banner
- Log into the Banner Info System
- Click on the Faculty and Advisor Menu.
- Click the Faculty/Advisor Control Center link.
- Choose the term that you want to edit grades for and select your CRN from the appropriate drop-down menus.
- Click the Enter Grades button.
Import your Canvas Grades
- Under the Course Title and CRN, check the box next to "Do you want to pull grades in Canvas?"
- If you do not want to pull grades, you can still manually enter grades on the existing drop-down menus next to each individual student.
- A note will appear, reminding you about the default grade scheme and that the import will replace any non-rolled grades.
- When ready, press the Import Canvas Grades button and the Grades will appear soon after.
- Make sure to review the grades that have been imported and make any adjustments as needed. You will see both the interpreted letter grade and the Canvas Final Score.
- If your grades did not import properly, check your course grade scheme and press the Reset Grades button at the bottom of the page. Some Canvas grades may not be interpreted correctly during the import. Make sure, when reviewing your grades, to also check for blanks/empty grades and update.
- Press Submit Changes at the bottom of the page.
Updating Incomplete Grades
When you need to update an incomplete grade, this will need to be done in Banner. You will not be able to use this Import Canvas Grades feature. You will need to return to the roster where you entered the incomplete, next to the student’s name you will see a “Change” button. Click on that, enter the updated grade and press submit. A workflow process will be triggered that will update the incomplete to a final grade. It is advisable to avoid using Internet Explorer as it tends to not play well with Banner.