Withdrawing from a Class

During the first week of the quarter, students can drop a class through Banner, and the course will not appear on the transcript. Here’s how:

  • Go to Banner > Student Menu > Class Registration and Planning > Register for Classes.
  • Select the academic quarter for which you are registering and click Continue.
  • In the lower right-hand box, find the course you would like to drop. There will be a drop-down menu next to the course, select Drop via Web and click Submit.

In the second week of the quarter, students can still withdraw from classes online. However the course(s) will appear with a “W” on the transcript. A “W” does not affect GPA.

After the second week of the quarter and through the sixth week, students must fill out a Course Withdrawal form (PDF) in order to withdraw from a class. The course(s) will appear on the transcript with a “W” grade.

For more information, review FAQ: Withdrawing From Class.

Are you interested in completely withdrawing from the University? Find information about that process under Leaving SPU.