Degree status check
Your degree status check is your personalized checklist for what is required to complete your graduate or doctoral degree. For information about using this resource, view the video Program Check Tutorial for Graduate Students.
Any graduate student whose cumulative GPA falls below 3.0 shall be placed on academic probation. Students on probation may take up to nine additional credits in the graduate program in which they have been admitted.
Failure to bring the cumulative GPA to 3.0 or higher by the completion of the additional nine credits will result in dismissal from the program and from Seattle Pacific University. In addition, a graduate student cannot graduate with a cumulative GPA below 3.0.
Applying for graduation
All master’s and doctoral degree students who wish to participate in Commencement
must apply to graduate by January 1.
Log into the Banner Information System.
- Select the Student Menu.
- Select the Graduation Menu.
- Select Apply to Graduate.
- When requested to Select a Term, be sure to select the most current quarter of attendance, if given more than one option.
- Be sure to select the Graduation Date as the last quarter of attendance (not the ceremony term).
- From there, follow the directions on the application to select your preferred name and mailing address (for your diploma).
- Review the information on the summary page, and click "Submit Request."
Degrees are awarded when the department notifies SAS that all requirements are complete. Diplomas will be mailed approximately six weeks after the degree is posted. To update the degree completion term after application to graduate, please contact your graduate program coordinator.
Diplomas are not distributed during Commencement. They are sent to graduates once all requirements are completed, grades have been posted for the degrees, and all financial obligations to the University — fines, etc. — are met.
During the ceremony, you’ll receive a diploma cover. Spring Quarter graduates should receive diplomas by mid-September; Summer Quarter graduates will receive theirs by mid-December.