New Student Advising

All new students must complete the New Student Advising (NSA) process to register for their first quarter at SPU.

If you’re a newly admitted student, you’ll receive an email or postcard with instructions. You can also visit for more information.

Exceptions to the NSA process

  • Post-baccalaureate students work directly with faculty advisors. If this describes you, at admission, you’ll be assigned to a faculty advisor in your major. Student Academic Services will send you an email with your advisor assignment and instructions.
  • Students who previously attended SPU, and have been readmitted after an absence of four or more quarters, should work directly with an academic counselor to re-enroll. Visit Your Academic Counselor to determine your counselor’s name and contact information.

SAS staff directory

A full list of Student Academic Services staff — academic counselors, operations staff, and technical staff — in one convenient place.

Demaray Hall

Transfer Course Equivalency Guide

Will my credits transfer to Seattle Pacific? Check Transfer Course Equivalency Guide.