Registering for Classes While Abroad

Remember that you may be registering for a future quarter’s classes while you’re studying abroad. Here are the timelines you may need to follow:

  • Abroad Autumn Quarter: Register for winter classes in mid-November
  • Abroad Winter Quarter: Register for spring classes in late-February
  • Abroad Spring Quarter: Register for fall classes in mid-May

Before you leave for your study abroad, consider the following:

  • How will you choose and register for your classes while abroad?
  • Will you have computer and internet access while abroad?
  • Have you met the prerequisites to be able to register for your preferred classes? Restrictions can include class standing (i.e., freshman, sophomore, etc.), admission to major or minor, or instructor permission. Make  necessary arrangements to avoid registration holds or errors while you’re abroad.

For non-SPU programs only

Once you’ve registered for the classes you will take while studying abroad, you must have your host university or program provider send SPU a verification of your enrollment.

Many universities/programs are familiar with this documentation, and are able to provide SPU with an official copy of your schedule (including credits) or an official enrollment verification document.

If your institution is unfamiliar with this process, you may request a template document from Student Academic Services to be completed by your provider or host university.


Academic counselor appointments

Make your appointment by using the scheduling link in your academic counselor’s profile. You can also call our office at 206-281-2031 or stop the front desk of Demaray Hall 151.

A view of SPU

Catalog/Time Schedule

Need to know when a course is scheduled? Need info about a major or program? Find the answers in the Catalog and Time Schedule.