Withdrawing From the University

For students who wish to leave SPU and don’t plan to return, the complete withdrawal should be pursued. You must submit a Withdrawing From the University form through your Banner account in order to notify the appropriate departments. You are responsible for notifying SAS and other university departments of your plans (e.g., Housing, SFS, etc.). The date this notice is received will determine the amount of refund where applicable. The Withdrawing From the University form can be accessed using the instructions below. 

  • Go to Banner > Student Menu > Registration and Class Schedules Menu > Complete Withdrawal from SPU 

If you’re not registered for the quarter, fill out the Withdrawing from the University form through your Banner account. 

If you’re already registered for the quarter, first drop your classes and then submit the Withdrawing from the University form.

After the tenth day of the quarter, you won’t be able to drop your classes online, but you can still drop your classes and withdraw from SPU by filling out the withdrawal form through your Banner account. 

Important policies for withdrawing

  • If a student fails to withdraw through Student Academic Services by the Last Day to Drop, as stated in the Academic Calendar, the student will receive the grade earned.
  • Students can drop all their classes online through Banner up until 11:59 pm on the tenth day of an academic quarter, but will still need to submit out the Withdrawing from the University form.
  • Refunds and adjustments to the student’s account are governed by the financial policies listed in the Costs and Financial Aid section.
  • To be eligible for a refund of parking fees, the student must inform the Office of Safety and Security. Parking refunds are calculated in accordance with the tuition-refund policy.

Academic counselor appointments

Make your appointment by using the scheduling link in your academic counselor’s profile. You can also call our office at 206-281-2031 or stop the front desk of Demaray Hall 151.

Alexander hall

Need a form? Find it here.

From an “Application for Graduation” to a “Transcript Request,” and much more, academic forms are here.