Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Reporting
The following information must appear in a format and location that is easily accessible to the public 30 days after the date when the institution received its allocation under 18004(a)(1) and updated every 45 days thereafter:
Initially accessible and published on May 20, 2020. Revised on September 1, 2020.
1. Seattle Pacific University has signed and returned the Department of Education’s Certification and Agreement to access the federal CARES act funding for higher education institutions. SPU will use 50% of the funds received to provide emergency financial aid to students.
2. The total amount SPU has received to distribute to students as emergency financial aid grants is $1,445,238.
3. As of June 30, 2020, SPU has distributed $1,445,238 in federal emergency grants to eligible students.
4. The total number of students for whom SPU received a FAFSA: 2,711.
5. As of June 30, 2020, 660 students have received a federal emergency financial aid grant.
6. In order to distribute the funds to students with the most financial need, eligible students qualify to receive a federal emergency grant by submitting a valid online application and demonstrating federal Title IV eligibility by submitting a valid Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students mark, on the federal emergency grant application, their eligible expenses and request an amount. As funding allows, Federal Pell Grant eligible undergraduate students who qualify for federal emergency grants receive a minimum of $1500 or the amount requested up to $6195, whichever is greater and, as funding allows, students who are not eligible for the Federal Pell Grant (graduate or undergraduate students) who qualify for federal emergency grants will receive a minimum of $1,000 or the amount requested up to $6195, whichever is greater.
7. Students received three email reminders of the availability of the COVID-19 federal emergency grant application. Instructions, directions, and guidance found on a Frequently Asked Questions webpage were linked to on the availability of application emails and directly on the application.