50% of tuition
Why Faith for the Future?
Motivated by our Christian identity, Seattle Pacific University is future-facing: a place where all students can thrive in their commitment to justice and mercy by growing in faith, engaging with the world, and working for reconciliation and the common good. At SPU, our approach to faith pairs the importance of Christian beliefs and understanding with practices that encourage lives of spiritual growth and service to others.
That’s why as an SPU student, you are prepared to succeed in your career – and so much more. You learn to engage the world around you, expanding your ability to listen, understand, and serve. You can dive deeper into your faith as you are surrounded by a caring Christian community. You are prepared to answer the calling God has for you.
This is faith for the future. And while SPU invites students from all faith backgrounds and beliefs to attend, we are offering a way to make SPU more affordable for students who may be specifically seeking a faith-based university education.
Faith for the Future Scholars
Faith for the Future Scholars are undergraduate students who will benefit from SPU’s transformative education, actively participating in the life of faith here: growing, leading, and giving back to the community.
These scholars are academic achievers ready to deepen their faith and service during their time at SPU and after.
- Guarantees SPU scholarships and grants covering at least 50% of tuition for each year you maintain eligibility.
- Renewable for four years.
- Applied in addition to federal or state grants and aid you may receive.
Who is eligible
You are eligible to be a Faith for the Future Scholar if you meet the following criteria:
- Are admitted to SPU as a first-year undergraduate student
- Are a domestic or international* student
- Have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Maintain continuous full-time enrollment (12+ credits per quarter) at Seattle Pacific University
- Demonstrated commitment to faith and service through involvement in a Christian faith-based activity Examples include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Local church or parish
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Young Life
- Or graduate from a Christian High school (Catholic or Protestant)
*Excludes international students working with educational partners or agencies
How to apply
All applicants to Seattle Pacific University will be automatically considered for this scholarship. To make sure you’re considered, complete your application to SPU, noting in the appropriate fields how you meet the above eligibility requirements. Fill out your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be eligible for additional financial aid.