Tuition Reimagined Free Course
As part of Seattle Pacific’s Tuition Reimagined initiative, undergraduate students enrolled in Autumn Quarter 2020 may qualify for a free course after graduation. You can take an undergraduate or graduate course of your choice for free after continuously enrolling and graduating from SPU. This will allow you to take extra time to complete a required course, take a course you dreamed of but didn’t have time to fit in, or get a head start on your graduate studies at SPU.
Free Course Conditions:
- You can apply your free course credit to an undergraduate course within one year of graduation.
- You can apply your free course credit to a graduate course within three years of graduation; to qualify for the free graduate course, you must be admitted into an SPU graduate program.
- The free course is limited to either one undergraduate course or one graduate course, not both!
To be eligible you must:
- Have been an undergraduate student, continuously enrolled at SPU since Autumn Quarter 2020 (enrolled in at least one SPU or SPU-approved credit each quarter not including summer quarter).
- Have graduated from SPU or participated in SPU's Commencement Ceremony.
- Apply for a free SPU Undergraduate course within one year of graduation or participation in SPU's Commencement Ceremony or apply for a free graduate course within three years of graduation or participation in SPU Commencement Ceremony provided you are admitted into an SPU graduate or certificate program.
- The free course may be used for SPU Global Seminars if you otherwise qualify.
- If you participated in commencement and need to complete a course to meet your degree requirements, you may use the free course, provided you otherwise qualify. You must have just one required undergraduate course left to complete your degree.
- Please complete the application for your free course.
- The application is only available to undergraduate students who were enrolled in Autumn Quarter 2020 and have graduated or applied to graduate.
- Submit the application two weeks before the start of the term in which the benefit will be used.
- The Office of the Registrar and Student Financial Services will review your application to determine your eligibility.
- Student Financial Services will notify you in email of your eligibility or if there are any questions within two weeks of your application submission.
Let Student Financial Services know if you have questions about the application or the Free Course benefit.
If you have questions about registering for the course, please contact the Office of the Registrar. Graduate students can also contact their academic department with questions about their program of study.