Loan Repayment Assistance Program
At Seattle Pacific University, we work to make college affordable for you so you can pursue your calling and goals. That’s why we partner with LRAP to help students repay their loans. If your income qualifies after college graduation, LRAP can help you pay back your loans. It’s a financial safety net that’s there for you if you need it.
How it works
1. Enroll in the program when you receive your official offer from LRAP. Even if you haven’t decided yet if you’ll attend SPU, you can still accept your LRAP offer! Accepting admission to Seattle Pacific is a different process, and enrolling in LRAP is not an obligation to attend SPU.
2. Enroll in and graduate from Seattle Pacific University.
3. After graduation, work at least an average of 30 hours per week with an income of $50,000 or less per year.*
4. If you borrowed, begin repaying your federal, private alternative, or parents PLUS loans with help from LRAP (up to $70,000 in total loans borrowed, plus interest).
*Applies to students who begin at SPU in fall 2021
The following are eligible for enrollment in LRAP.
1. Any student with a family income at or below $100,000
2. Any student who petitions their admissions counselor or financial aid counselor, and is then recommended for eligibility
3. Any student who has been selected by exception
Affordability at SPU
A world-class education at Seattle Pacific is closer than you might think. We are committed to making it a reality for you.
Tuition Reimagined: 25% reduction, new scholarships, and more
95% of students receive financial aid
$28,991 average SPU loan debt (national average: $37,172)
2.00% SPU default rate: percentage of students who can’t pay back their loans (national average: 10.3%)
Have more questions about the LRAP? See our FAQ page!
Find out more about LRAP or enroll.
In addition to LRAP, Seattle Pacific provides many ways to support students financially. Discover more opportunities.