Student Financial Services is here to help you navigate the complexities of managing your financial aid throughout the year.
Here are some tips and information to help you along the way:
Things to do
- Understand your Offer of Financial Assistance.
- Complete all requirements on or before the deadline(s).
- Figure out what you will owe and how you will pay it.
- If you so desire, give your parent(s), legal guardian(s), or spouse authorization to access your records.
- Bring money with you to campus for books and supplies — about $350 per quarter. You may want to consider using Falcon Funds for books and other purchases on campus.
- Review all of this section (“Managing Your Financial Aid”).
- Keep in touch with us! Check your SPU email regularly, and be sure to contact us with any questions or changes to your financial aid information.
Landing a job
For most students, landing a job while you’re studying is an important part of paying for your education. Visit the Office of Student Employment to see what’s available.
What about veterans?
If you’ve served in the armed forces, you and your family may be eligible for VA benefits. Learn more.