Stay on top of your finances and student loans by completing the tasks below.
Complete Financial Awareness Counseling at studentloans.gov.
If you completed Financial Awareness Counseling in the past doing so again will be helpful to review updated repayment estimates for your loans.
Even if you have not borrowed student loans to date the information about loans, budgeting and other money management information is helpful.
- Log in at studentloans.gov. This counseling includes five steps:
- Understand your loans: Your NSLDS student loan records will be imported into the counseling. You will need to add any future federal loan disbursements and information about any loans not included in NSLDS.
- Manage your spending: Uses your current in-school expenses and funds.
- Plan to repay: Uses information based on your anticipated post-graduation income and expenses.
- Avoid default.
- Make finances a priority.
If you have concerns about entering your personal information into this government website, you may complete the Financial Awareness Counseling without logging in.
Register or log in as a student at CashCourse.org to complete the items below.
Be credit savvy
- Starts with a short quiz to test your knowledge, moves through slides that discuss the topic, and ends with an action plan and a short post-test to test how much you've learned.