How much do you know about SPU?
How much do you know about Seattle Pacific University’s history?
Email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org by Aug. 30, 2020. If you answer all five questions correctly, we’ll enter your name into a drawing to win an SPU sweatshirt.
1. What was the class gift of 1971?
2. In what year was the Girls’ Hall, also known as the “Young Ladies Hall,” completed?
3. Who designed the concrete panels on Demaray Hall clock tower?
4. In what year was the first issue of The Falcon, the University’s student newspaper, published?
5. In what year was “Seattle Pacific College” renamed “Seattle Pacific University”?
Last issue’s answers
In our autumn issue of Response, we invited you to identify five buildings from a historical campus map. Congratulations to David Schreffler ’71, who won our drawing for an SPU sweatshirt for correctly identifying the buildings.
- McKinley Hall
- Alexander Hall
- Moyer Hall
- Gwinn Commons
- Hill Hall
Want to contribute to the SPU Archives?
If you have Seattle Pacific artifacts, keepsakes, photos, or documents that you would like to contribute to the University Archives, or if you have questions about SPU history, contact University Archivist Adrienne Thun Meier ’04 at 206-281-2422 or email@example.com.