General Resources
Catalogs & Time Schedule

Faculty Resources
Get Answers

Suggested Course Sequences
Transfer Equivalency Guide

Enrollment Verification


Non-Matriculated Students
Order a Transcript
Veterans Education Benefits

Meet the Team
Academic Counselors

International Student Records
Records & Registration

Technology Services

Phone: 206-281-2031
Fax: 206-281-2669

Student Academic Services: Transfer Course Equivalency Guide

Student Academic Services Staff

The Seattle Pacific University Transfer Course Equivalency Guide has been designed to show you how credit from other institutions and approved testing programs generally transfers to SPU.

Information for Current SPU Students:

Students who wish to take a course elsewhere after matriculation at SPU must first have a discussion with their Undergraduate Academic Counselor.  If the request falls within policy guidelines as outlined in the online academic catalog for the year of the student's admission, the academic counselor will provide them the appropriate paperwork, including the Application for Study Away. Courses in the equivalency guide are not guaranteed to transfer without prior approval from the Academic Counseling Office in Student Academic Services.

Information for Prospective Students:

Students who begin classes at SPU after completing an approved Direct Transfer Agreement associate degree from Washington, Oregon, or California will have fulfilled the majority of the university's common and exploratory education curriculum. Courses listed as non-transferable may transfer as part of the DTA degree. An associate degree completed after initial matriculation at SPU will not be recognized, unless certain conditions apply, as outlined in the Academic Policies and Procedures section of the online catalog. Prospective students with questions about course transferability should contact the Undergraduate Admissions office.

Students can access information in the SPU libraryHow do I use this system?

  1. Select the State, Country, or "Testing Programs" (for IB/AP/CLEP/Cambridge)
    Note: General information about the transfer of credit, including specific scores required, for AP, CLEP, and IB score reports can also be found in the Admissions section of the online catalog.
  2. Select the institution name or program.

Learn how to interpret the Transfer Course Equivalency Guide.

State / Program / Country:    Institution / Test:

Note: Some approved Engineering courses may not apply toward the Electrical Engineering major due to ABET accreditation. Please see the Electrical Engineering Department Chair (